I should really back-track a little to explain my intentions and thinking when I uncovered TheSite.
TheSite is a bit of market place of sorts, as with any market place you get all types of vendors selling all types of things. Everything comes at a cost, what that cost might be is different for everyone.
Being super fucking careful, in every sense of the word, was paramount to me. I wasn’t looking for love or romance – things I classed as an affair. I wanted – pure and simple – to use someone for hot, satiating sex. A bit of fun distraction, and attention, is always nice too of course. Maybe even someone who could become a friend, and help me uncover the mysteries of my husband. An eternal workaholic, and always comfortable in my own company, I’ve never been great at making friends – although perhaps a naive thought that I could make friends in such a place, from such circumstances……why not? Anything is possible.
The rules* I subscribed to in entering the world of players have definitely evolved but they were pretty much as follows;
- No one with less to lose than me (i.e. also needed to be attached, preferably married)
- Preferably no kids (I didn’t want to be taking someone away from their parental duties)
- No one in my industry
- No one who possibly knew my husband
- No real names (well, at least until I knew them a little better)
- No phone numbers
- Very little info that would give away my true identity
- No one who knew anyone I knew or associated with (hence out-of-towners were preferred)
- Drug & disease free
- No smokers
- No unprotected sex
- Someone with similar views to me
- Someone who spoke my language, had chemistry with and had mutual attraction with
- Someone okay with my lack of quality sexual experience (although I’d consider myself to quite well self-educated)
- Someone with enough smarts to cover their tracks well and not risk exposing me (i.e. no luddites)
- Walk away from anyone I deemed to be at risk of liking too much
- No one that liked me too much out of the fear of them hunting my true identity and wanting to expose me
*to be continued….